Customer Success Story: Having compared the best SAP Plant Maintenance Mobile solutions available in the market, our client chose myJobCard.
An internationally renowned and recognisable business operating in 22+ countries had been successfully running SAP PM for factory equipment maintenance. As part of their Smart Factory Programme, they wanted to take a step to changing the maintenance workflow, improve productivity, and guarantee the quality of the data they captured from their machines during maintenance. They also wanted to enable greater collaboration across local and global teams so they could compare the maintenance performance at all 30 of their factories.
Our client was therefore looking for a new SAP Plant Maintenance mobile solution that would in turn support the move to predictive maintenance and underpin key quality, reliability, and cost benefits.
“Having compared the best solutions available in the market for SAP Plant Maintenance Mobile solutions – the choice was myJobCard. On Device Solutions’ mobility expertise and collaborative approach helped deliver a successful pilot in two factories. Full rollout quickly followed and the implementation is now completed in all our 30 factories worldwide.”
Manufacturing Systems Manager
See our customer journey diagram below, and find out more about that journey by downloading the case study here:
Unique Challenges Our Customer Faced:
- Geographically dispersed project team (UK, Sweden, India, and Singapore).
- Setting-up of the complex security and authentication landscape using custom identity provider and Apigee
- COVID-19 – On-site training sessions were cancelled and replaced by multiple remote training
Our Customer’s Goals and Objectives:
- Record autonomous maintenance tasks carried out by the machine operators in SAP.
- Ensure maintenance plan compliance and audit history.
- Enable productive wrench time spent on the machine.
- Enable collaboration.
- Improve user experience (UX).
- Reduce machine downtime.
- Digitise paper checklists/forms.
Plant Maintenance Processes covered:
- Preventive maintenance
- Corrective maintenance
- Breakdown and anomaly
- Machine improvement
The Challenges Posed to On Device Solutions:
To implement a cost-effective mobility solution that runs seamlessly on
- To provide an intuitive user experience and simplify workﬂow for their maintenance
- To incorporate materials issue, barcode scanning, photo and video attachments and time-sheeting.
- To enable the solution on shared tablet devices and support 17 different languages across their 30 factories
- To provide support to the global implementation with deep SAP experience, particularly in
- To provide an SAP integrated yet easy to use digital checklist solution.
Once again, download the case study here.
Alternatively, if you’d like to find out more about how On Device Solutions can help your business, get in touch today. We look forward to helping you on your smart factory journey!