The remainder of this policy deals with information in respect of which we are the ‘data controller’ – that is, information obtained from users or potential users of our services, and visitors to our website. For the purpose of the data protection laws applicable to us, the data controller is On Device Solutions Ltd of iCentrum, Innovation Birmingham, Holt Street, Birmingham, England, B7 4BP.
We are registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (registration number [ZA284390]).
Grounds for Data Collection
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Performance of a contract with you. Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you or the organisation on behalf of which you use our services.
- Necessary for legitimate interests. Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. ‘Legitimate Interest’ means the interest of our business and the organisation you work for in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you the best services and products and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us
- Necessary to comply with a legal obligation. Where we need to comply with a legal obligation that we are subject to.
- Consent. Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data although we may on occasion get your consent before sending third-party direct marketing communications to you via email or other electronic means. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
What Information do we collect?
We collect two types of data and information from Users.
The first type of information is un-identified and non-identifiable information pertaining to a User(s), which may be made available or gathered via your use of the Site (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of a User from which the Non-personal Information was collected. Non-personal Information which is being collected may include your aggregated usage information and technical information transmitted by your device, including certain software and hardware information (e.g. the type of browser and operating system your device uses, language preference, access time, etc.) in order to enhance the functionality of our Site. We may also collect information on your activity on the Site (e.g. pages viewed, online browsing, clicks, actions, etc).
The second type of information is Personal Information which is individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort identify an individual. Such information includes:
- Device Information: We collect Personal Information from your device. Such information includes geolocation data, IP address, unique identifiers (e.g. MAC address and UUID), and other information which relates to your activity through the Site.
- Information you give us: This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on ondevicesolutions.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, live chat, or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to request a demo, subscribe to our services, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, and phone number.
How do we receive information about you?
We receive your Personal Information from various sources:
- When you voluntarily provide us your personal details in order to register on our Site;
- When you use or access our Site in connection with your use of our services;
- From third-party providers, services, and public registers (for example, traffic analytics vendors).
Uses of Data
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you and your organisation with the On Device Solutions service, and to provide you with any information, products, and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about our services which you have requested or which you have consented to receive;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To administer and protect our business’ products and services, and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting, and hosting of data) ;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
You may request to:
- Receive confirmation as to whether or not personal information concerning you is being processed, and access your stored personal information, together with supplementary information.
- Receive a copy of personal information you directly volunteer to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- Request rectification of your personal information that is in our control.
- Request erasure of your personal information.
- Object to the processing of personal information by us.
- Request to restrict the processing of your personal information by us.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
However, please note that these rights are not absolute, and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
If you wish to exercise any of the aforementioned rights or receive more information, please contact our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) using the details provided: email@example.com
Retention and Storage
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If your business becomes a customer of an On Device Solutions service, we will retain your personal data for the duration of your account and up to 6 years afterwards. If your business does not become a customer of the On Device Solutions service, we will retain your personal data for a period of up to 1 year.
A “cookie” is a small piece of information that a website assigns to your device while you are viewing a website. Cookies are very helpful and can be used for various purposes. These purposes include allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, enabling automatic activation of certain features, remembering your preferences, and making the interaction between you and our Services quicker and easier. Cookies are also used to help ensure that the advertisements you see are relevant to you and your interests and to compile statistical data on your use of our Services.
The Site uses the following types of cookies:
- ‘session cookies’ which are stored only temporarily during a browsing session in order to allow normal use of the system and are deleted from your device when the browser is closed;
- ‘persistent cookies’ which are read-only by the Site, saved on your computer for a fixed period, and are not deleted when the browser is closed. Such cookies are used where we need to know who you are for repeat visits, for example, to allow us to store your preferences for the next sign-in;
- ‘third-party cookies’ which are set by other online services who run content on the page you are viewing, for example by third-party analytics companies who monitor and analyse our web access.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but Personal Information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. You may remove the cookies by following the instructions of your device preferences; however, if you choose to disable cookies, some features of our Site may not operate properly and your online experience may be limited.
Third-party collection of information
Links to third parties
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Transfer of data outside the UK and EEA
Certain third parties with whom we share your personal data are based outside the UK so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the UK. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the UK, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data. For further details, see [here – https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/dp-at-the-end-of-the-transition-period/data-protection-and-the-eu-in-detail/adequacy/]
- Where we transfer to other recipients outside of those ‘adequate’ countries, we may use specific approved contracts which give personal data the same protection it has in the UK.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal data with those set out below:
- Other member of the On Device Solutions group of companies, including On Device IT Solutions Private Ltd, our Indian subsidiary.
- to our business partners, service providers, or third-party contractors to enable them to undertake services for us or on our behalf (such as hosting providers, email service providers, and marketing agencies).
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators, and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them.
- Customers: if you use one of our services as an authorised user of one of our customers, we may share your personal data with that customer for the purposes of providing our services to them. For example, this may be for the purposes of verifying accounts and activity, investigating suspicious activity, or enforcing or defending claims under our terms of service
How to Contact Us
Last Modified: 30 March 2022