Migration of SAP Work Manager and other custom mobile apps from iOS (iPad) to Windows 10 to help deliver the “One Device” strategy.
Our customer is a leading utility distribution network. They had developed 32 mobile iOS apps for various business teams and different processes. As part of their strategic review and mobility roadmap including a ‘one device’ strategy, it was decided to replace the iPads with HP Elite X2 Windows devices.
On Device Solutions was selected due to our expertise in developing mobile apps for the SAP backend and for our in-depth utilities experience. To find out more about this SAP Work Manager and other custom mobile apps migration, please download the case study here.
The pre-existing applications were related to both SAP and non-SAP backend systems. One of these applications worked offline as well, meaning that it could work in areas with no WiFi or mobile data access.
Problems Our Customer Faced:
- Continual upgrade requirement – for enterprise applications deployed to match mandatory iOS OS updates – was costly and challenging.
- Field users had multiple devices to carry out their work because the enterprise was more aligned with Windows software and tooling for office use.
- SAP Mobile Platform as a middleware run as a hosted managed
- Native .NET mobile apps as front
- SAP and non-SAP backend based on data
- Integration with third-party tools like ESRI, Google Maps, email client, etc.
- Agentry metadata-based SAP Work
Main Services Delivered by ODS:
- Architecture and
- Build and
- Cutover plan and Go Live
- Handover to the Support
- Covid mandated remote
e SAP Mobile Platform hosted in the Cloud.
- Integration with ESRI GIS as embedded
- Google maps integration.
- Integration with native device tools like email
- Single Sign-on feature enabled in all native
e App deployment through the SCCM MDM tool.
- Windows store-based apps (Universal windows platform apps).
Client Benefits Gained:
- One main device for field workforce and supervisors for both operations and office usage.
- More stable field mobile apps to ensure critical operations aren’t jeopardised.
- Cost savings by making iOS devices redundant.
- There is no additional maintenance effort or cost required for the yearly iOS upgrade.
For details of this SAP Work Manager and other custom mobile apps migration, please download the Sap Work Manager case study.
Alternatively, to discover how On Device Solutions can help your business on a similar migration of iOS mobile apps to Windows 10 journey, Get in Touch Today. We look forward to helping you deliver the “One Device” strategy for your enterprise!
At On Device Solutions, we help enterprises identify the right technologies. We understand that every business has unique mobility needs. Our team of experts can significantly simplify your technology selection process and improve your outcomes. Contact Us Now.