SAP Inventory Manager Case Study – DEWAWe would like to thank your entire team for your hard work, dedication and enthusiasm that resulted in the successful GO-Live of this project. In addition, we very much appreciate the extra hours and efforts your team provided to ensure the timely completion of project activities and Support related issues”
-Sr Project Manager – Innovation & Future Projects. DEWA, UAE
DEWA employs a workforce of over 11,000 employees and provides 796,764 customers with electricity and 705,376 customers with water. On Device Solutions (ODS) and Wavelogix partnered with the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA), to implement SAP Inventory Manager.
Prior to the implementation of SAP Inventory Manager, DEWA was using a paper-based solution for inventory and warehouse management and was looking for a mobile automated solution. Some of the key pain points with the existing system were:
- A mismatch between physical stock and system inventory.
- Inefficient trips within the warehouse to find relevant bins and paperwork.
- Extensive use of paper in warehouse processes.
- Delays in downstream activities due to the time taken to carry out picking and packing.
- No access to material data on a mobile.
On Device Solutions were able to roll out SAP Inventory Manager to DEWA employees which enabled them to efficiently pick and track inventory in the stores. SAP Inventory Manager has a number of key features that are being utilised by DEWA. These include:
- Goods Receipts against reservations and Inbound delivery.
- Goods Issue against reservation and stock transfer order.
- Warehouse Process (Picking, Putaway, Transfer order, Stock Overview).
- Physical inventory.
- Display PO.
In addition, On Device Solutions delivered additional custom enhancements which delivered real value to DEWA:
- Mobile Printing Barcodes using handheld devices.
- Display Material Master (On-Demand).
- Goods Receipt against refurbished orders.
“ On Device provided a very focused and committed team of consultants with expertise in SAP mobile solutions. I highly recommended them for mobile implementations.” -Managing Director, WavelogixOur global team, based in the UK and India, we’re able to seamlessly implement this solution for DEWA, using both teams to increase daily working hours on the project and increase efficiency while decreasing cost.
The solution was rolled out in less than four months across 5 stores in Dubai, with 25 staff using the system on their Honeywell Dolphin CT60 mobile devices.
Following a successful first phase, DEWA has subsequently rolled this solution out to all 18 stores and around 100 users.
Is your business looking to mobilize its warehouse and inventory processes? Get in touch todayto find out how we can help your business.
Visit https://ondevicesolutions.com/sap-inventory-manager to find out more.