SAP 3D Visual Enterprise solutions help accelerate decision-making during the Plant Maintenance process. Additional benefits include productivity optimisation and improved quality and business data across the value chain. With SAP 3D Visual Enterprise applications, one can remove the hindrances slowing communication amongst organisations, customers, and partners.
SAP 3D Visualisation helps improve quality and efficiency by communicating visually with relevant stakeholders.
With SAP 3D Visualisation, technicians get greater clarity when analysing and identifying errors, which lowers operating costs and product lifecycle.
SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Viewer provides an extensive range of functions which include:
- Pull-apart and reassembly – integrated directly into 3D scenes
- Angle and distance measurements – including measurements between vertices, edges, and faces, as well as determination of arc centres
- Cross-sectional views display
- Render modes alteration
- Zooming, panning, flying through, rotating, and walking through scenes
- Display of parts lists associated with 3D scenes
- Playback of steps, procedures, and 3D animations
- Loading and rendering of CGM files
Integration with myJobCard Mobile Application
This article explores how to leverage the powerful combination of the SAP 3D Visual Enterprise and myJobCard (mJC), On Device Solutions’ Mobile Asset Maintenance application, to reduce the time of fixing Equipment /Functional location.
Our mobile solution myJobCard enables the automation of the maintenance execution process and maintenance work today done in ECC or S/4HANA. The mobile solution (based on myJobCard) lets the field craftsman receive and capture data plus complete their assigned Notification/Work orders and operations via a mobile field device. myJobCard application is designed to work in an occasionally connected mode.
The following are the systems and actions involved in the integration of the 3D Visualisation with the myJobCard solution:
- Download and install the SAP 3D VISUAL ENTERPRISE VIEWER from the below link.
- Download and install the SAP Visual Enterprise Viewer Application from the below link.
The example below showcases the use-case where a technician repairs equipment using the myJobCard application and the 3D Visualisation tool.
- Convert an image into the.VDS file format
- Open a CAD/ AutoCAD Diagram with extension .dwg in SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Viewer on a Desktop (PC).
- Save the file in the.VDS format
2. Upload the.VDS file and assign it to Equipment in the SAP PM.
- Enter the T-Code in the SAP: CV01n
- Navigate to the Equipment and the attachment viewing. The T-Code in the SAP: IE03
- Create a Work Order with the same Equipment in the SAP.
4. Now login to the myJobCard Mobile application and download the work order.
5. In the MyJobCard mobile application, navigate to the Equipment details and click on the Attachments tab.
6. The image taken using the 3D Visualisation, attached in the SAP, is available in the MyJobCard application.
On Device Solutions is an SAP Gold Partner and a niche IT consultancy specialising in enterprise mobility. Please contact the dedicated On Device Solutions team to learn more about SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Viewer Integration with myJobCard or to learn more about SAP 3D Visual Enterprise Viewer Integration with myJobCard or to request an mJC demo or free trial.