SAP Intelligent Asset Management
We can help you understand the value of SAP IAM for your business through product demos and relevant use cases discussion.
SAP INTELLIGENT ASSET MANAGEMENT
Asset heavy industries must continuously deliver against three objectives while planning and executing the design-to -operate process for assets.
- Drive safe operations: measured by a reduction in safety and environment incidents.
- Reduce cost: measured as a reduction in the total cost of ownership of the asset. Increase speed and accuracy of decision making.
- Maximise productivity: by increasing overall equipment effectiveness and uptime.
- They must collaborate better with suppliers, customers, and service providers.
- Optimise asset maintenance processes and move from cyclical to predictive and intelligence driven maintenance schedule.
- Have a real time view of asset on a strategic and operational level.
At On Device Solutions, we have taken an early lead in building expertise in SAP IAM. We have consultants trained in IAM and have also developed relevant user cases in our demo environment to showcase how IAM can add value for SAP customers.
ASSET CENTRAL FOUNDATION
SAP ASSET MANAGER (SAM)
SAP ASSET INTELLIGENCE NETWORK (AIN)
- Manufacturer and supplier: responsible for the design and production of the asset and supply of spare parts
- Engineering and construction: companies that design solutions for the asset operators typically use multiple asset types from multiple manufacturers.
- Asset operator/owner: companies responsible for the day-to-day operations of the assets.
- Service providers: companies providing asset maintenance services.
SAP AIN provides all these stakeholders with a common platform to exchange useful information so that they can all play their role in the supply chain more effectively.
With SAP AIN for example:
- The manufacturer can publish safety recall notices to others and consume asset failure information.
- Engineering and construction companies can publish designs and drawings and consume asset failure information.
- Asset operators can publish asset failure information and let the manufacturer manage asset master data.
- Service providers can publish asset improvement recommendations and consume the latest maintenance instructions.
SAP ASSET STRATEGY AND PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT (ASPM)
- Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA)
SAP PREDICTIVE ASSET INSIGHTS (PAI)
Traditional maintenance strategies like Reactive Maintenance and Preventive Maintenance typically result in over maintenance and high cost.
With technologies like IoT becoming readily available and cost effective more and more customers are moving towards a predictive maintenance regime. Predictive maintenance aims to prevent unplanned failure while reducing un-necessary asset maintenance.
A high-level architecture view of PdMS is shown below.