This post will help you understand how a Chatbot can be integrated with SAP Fiori.
Every organization wants to reduce costs and improve productivity. Don’t you think it will improve productivity if we simplify the interaction between employees and the application? It would be great if a manager could access data and requests to approve/reject from anywhere, through a graphical tool, by querying. This tool is nothing but a Chatbot. The key is chatbot integration with SAP.
1. Chatbot Use Case: Let’s say I am a manager in an organization and one of my roles is to Approve or Reject sales order requests. So, whenever I get an approval request, I need to go to the system and find out that SO request and after reviewing it, I take the decision to Approve or Reject it – this consumes a lot of time. So, if I can do the same thing through WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger or Chatbot, I’ll save time and avoid inconvenience.
2. Usage of Chatbot in SAP: – If you know about SAP then you must have heard about SAP Fiori. SAP Fiori is nothing but a browser/web-based application, which acts as an entry point to the SAP system. Nowadays, most of the SAP end users use SAP Fiori for their daily work. So, I will explain here how a Chatbot can be integrated with SAP Fiori to make SAP users’ lives easy.
3. Technologies and platforms involved:
SAP Conversational AI / Recast AI platform
SAP Cloud Foundry (Or NGROK)
SAP UI5 and Fiori
- SAP Conversational AI / Recast AI platform: – SAP Conversational AI is a platform provided by SAP where we can create, train and validate the bot.
- Node JS: One application will be created in Node JS and it will act as a middleware to exchange data between Bot and SAP.
- SAP Cloud Foundry: It will be used as a run time environment for Node JS. Node Js application will be deployed onto Cloud Foundry by using CF CLI. If we don’t want to use Cloud Foundry, then our Node JS application can be hosted in our local system and it can be exposed publicly through NGROK which can be accessed in the Bot on the SAP Conversational AI platform.
- SAP UI5 and SAP Fiori: We can create a simple SAP UI5 application by using the HTML code generated on the SAP Conversational AI platform. This SAP UI5 application can be integrated to SAP Fiori launchpad by using Fiori plugin enhancement feature.